Tuesday 8 January 2013

One week in.


Here we are, a week into my 13 in 13 - How am I getting on?

Appreciate what you’ve got…
We had our company Annual Conference this week and as usual I had ‘nothing’ to wear and had planned to go shopping for new work outfit. Then I remembered my ‘Stop spending money’ and ‘appreciate what you’ve got’ aims so I shopped my closet instead…
And I came up Trumps.

I found a lovely LBD – still with the tags on (naughty) : Moda/Asda from Jan sales 2012
Jacket: Vintage fair

This is the dress....



Just do it…
On Sunday I did something I have thought about doing for a couple of years but just never gotten around to.

I went to the cinema on my own.

I thought it would be weird, or that people would be looking at me (especially as I went to see an animated film), but I didn’t get any of that. I got my ticket, found my seat and enjoyed the film.
Solo cinema will definitely be something that I shall do again in the future.

Ticket for one...


Get healthy…. Initiating contact with friends…
I contacted a neighbour and we went for a 45 min dog walk, yes it was grey and a bit cold, but we had a great catch up and the dog loved getting out and about.

I also weighed myself and was not happy with what I saw on the scales, so this is extra motivation to keep up the ‘getting healthy’ regime, to this end I have started back on the Cambridge diet

Feeling very positive about my progress so far (I know it’s only week 1 but you’ve got to start somewhere)

How are you getting on with yours?

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay you're blogging!!
    I don't know what 13 in 13 is but can I play?
    *adds to blog reader*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the cinema-going, I've been on my own a couple of times but always feel really self-conscious :S

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your comments.....