Monday 30 September 2013

Diner dinner dates

We have a couple of American diners in MK and as we have a week off work & a few pennies to spend we have had a couple of diner dinner dates.

The newest arrival is Lone star Bar & Grill, this was our 2nd visit after not being very impressed the first visit we thought we'd give it another bash. We were glad we did, the toasted marshmallow milkshake is to die for! I'd go there just for one of these  - I'm now a milkshake covert!
We were also offered some pretzels while we waited for our food.


I had a PoBoy (southern fried king prawn sub) with a side of pulled pork & The Mr had a chilli dog with a huge portion of bacon Mac & Cheese - well what a feast! Steer clear of the sharing platter & go for a burger or sub - they were great (so good I forgot to take a pic before I'd finished half of mine!)


They could do with working on their atmosphere as its a bit flat but the food was good.

2nd up is an old favourite Buddies USA. Buddies has a few local outlets so I guess could be considered a small chain - but independently owned.

We hadn't been to a Buddies for a while and they had introduced a new burger The Juicy Lucy a burger with cheese 'inside' the middle of the beef burger. Buddies if famous for its burger toppings so I went for my favourite The Fat Boy (pulled pork) with the addition of gravy and pastrami one my 'loaded fries'



The Mr had a Schwarzenegger (cheese, mushroom & bacon) with the addition of an egg. He also loaded his fries with pouring cheese and pastrami - please note the token sweet corn on the side - there were not eaten as there was no room left after the mountains of burger and cheese!



The verdict - lone star win on milkshakes, buddies win on atmosphere & crazyness of food selection will defo be visiting both again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments.....